I don’t like to just parrot other posts, but this is too important to waste time. If you have a YAHOO account take note, change your password and identity questions or close it and open a new one. (best option)
“Yahoo announced that 1 billion of their accounts were hacked. These accounts are now sold by internet criminals to other bad guys which are going to use this information in a variety of ways. For instance, they will send phishing emails claiming you need to change your Yahoo account, looking just like the real ones. Here is what I suggest you do right away.
• If you do not use your Yahoo account a lot. Close it down because it’s a risk. If you use it every day:
• Open your browser and go to Yahoo. Do not use a link in any email. Reset your password and make it a strong, complex password or rather a pass-phrase.
• If you were using that same password on multiple websites, you need to stop that right now. Using the same password all over the place is an invitation to get hacked. If you did use your Yahoo passwords on other sites, go to those sites and change the password there too. Also change the security questions and make the answer something non-obvious.
• At the house, use a free password manager that can generate hard-to-hack passwords, keep and remember them for you.
• Watch out for any phishing emails that relate to Yahoo in any way and ask for information.
• Now would also be a good time to use Yahoo Account Key, a simple authentication tool that eliminates the need to use a password altogether.
Repeated to get the word out from: http://newsletter.knowbe4.com/a/1022/preview/105/345449/7f81410a6165cd68d60697e95c319548ced801da?message_id=IjE5ODViMDQwLWE4MmItMDEzNC0zMmIxLTE0MDJlYzgzYjg3MEBrbm93YmU0LmNvbSI=